Orange County Bail
bondman and bail agents serving Orange County California.
Fast and Confidential. Bail questions welcome.
hours bail line
Misdemeanor Bail Bonds
When a crime is punishable, in the
discretion of the court, by imprisonment in the state prison or by fine
or imprisonment in the county jail, it is a misdemeanor for all purposes
under the following circumstances:
(1) After a judgment imposing a punishment other than imprisonment in
the state prison.
(2) When the court, upon committing the defendant to the Youth
Authority, designates the offense to be a misdemeanor.
(3) When the court grants probation to a defendant without imposition of
sentence and at the time of granting probation, or on application of the
defendant or probation officer thereafter, the court declares the
offense to be a misdemeanor.
(4) When the prosecuting attorney files in a court having jurisdiction
over misdemeanor offenses a complaint specifying that the offense is a
misdemeanor, unless the defendant at the time of his or her arraignment
or plea objects to the offense being made a misdemeanor, in which event
the complaint shall be amended to charge the felony and the case shall
proceed on the felony complaint.
(5) When, at or before the preliminary examination or prior to filing an
order pursuant to Section 872, the magistrate determines that the
offense is a misdemeanor, in which event the case shall proceed as if
the defendant had been arraigned on a misdemeanor complaint.
How We Can Help
Please call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-957-2245. An experienced,
professional bail agent will immediately assist you and answer all of
your bail related questions.